Michaela Hauser-Wagner* M.AmSAT
Certified Teacher of the Alexander Technique
I recommend the Alexander Technique as an extremely sophisticated form of rehabilitation. From personal experience we can already confirm some of the seemingly fantastic claims made by Alexander and his followers – namely that many types of under-performance and even ailments, both mental and physical, can be alleviated, sometimes to a surprising degree, by teaching the body musculature to function differently. We already notice, with growing amazement, very striking improvements in such diverse things as high blood pressure, breathing, depth of sleep, overall cheerfulness and mental alertness, resilience against outside pressures and in such a refined skill as playing a musical instrument.
—Nikolaas Tinbergen, 1907-1988, Nobel Prize for Medicine 1973
Using the Alexander Technique you can
- Improve your posture, balance, flexibility and coordination
- Calm your nervous system and reduce tension and stress
- Manage chronic pain and prevent injuries
- Enhance your presentations by reducing performance anxiety and freeing your voice
- Increase your energy and deepen your physical and mental self-awareness
- Improve your performance in all activities
Located in Cheshire, Connecticut, bordering the towns of Hamden, Wallingford, North Haven and Southington, I am seeing clients from all of New Haven county, including the shoreline communities of Branford and Guilford as well as Southbury and Woodbury.
Please contact Michaela at email@example.com or 203-988-8344 if you would like more information or to schedule a lesson.
* Member, American Society for the Alexander Technique, www.AmSATonline.org.
“One of the greatest gifts that is present in every moment is the flow of your breath.
Your breath is the mover. You are the dancer.”